Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Truly "Savage" Political Media

      I have been waiting to post this post on here for a very, very long time. For those of you who listen or have a relation that listenes to political talk radio, you will get my title. It refers to a talk radio program that features every day on KLO at 4:00 (if you live in Utah near Ogden). Its name is The Savage Nation, and it is hosted by one Michael Savage. My grandfather used to listen to him (before he passed away), so I got to hear his utterly lovely voice everyday. Enough sarcasm, for I will explain why him and other political talk shows are definately something you don't want to listen to.

      In many of Savage's "discussions," he give opinions, and one or two fair points, but he is also a degrading, insulting, and insolent attention hog (although not matched by Bill O'Reily, which I will get into later). In every disscussion he has, he mocks and insults every Democrat known to man. For some reason, he has picked Nancy Pelosi to be the one who takes on the most mocking. Everything from a wrinkle on her face to the way he laughs, he insults and mocks. It sickens me that a man  (dare I call him that?) who has an honest right-leaning Republican opinion feels he needs to show it by being insulting and mocking of the way people are instead of even their opinions!

       Next up on the frying pan is one Laura Ingraham. She is also on KLO, but she is on at 7:00. She is a Repulican like Savage, but unlike him, she does not insult often. She is much more civilized and content with just giving opinions, but here is the catch with all people who give their opinions to the public: They can't deal with other people's opinions, and disregard evidence to do so. Laura is notorious for this, even though she is tame in the demoralizing of political officials department.

      Now, the last one I am going to discuss is FOX NEWS. If you have ever watched it, it claims to be unbiased and fair, but is it? No, absolutely not. It is a Republican leaning newstation that provides what I like to call "Infotainment" instead of sheer facts. Each caster displays bias and thinks they have the dominant opinion. One of the worst is a man by the name of Bill O'Reily. He irritates me greatly. He won't let other people give opinions or evidence. Every time they try, he cuts them off and criticizes them, failing to give them a chance. I love it when someone puts Bill off guard, and is able to resist his cut-offs, and gives him back some of his own medicine.

      Wow, rereading this post seems to mark me as either a Democrat or a hipocrite, but I hope I am neither. I haven't heard Democrat talk shows, but I believe that they would be just as bad as Republican ones. Remember, don't just take my word for it, listen to them a little and form your own opinions about them, and comment back what you believe.

2 comments:

  1. Again, the world of politics is a crazy place, but that's beside the point.
    Do you think people would ACTUALLY sit through a factual, non-opinionated political program? I don't even think you would. It would be just a long and boring monologue. Besides, truth is hard to find sometimes, and honestly, Nobody wants there opinions contradicted.
    I like what Mrs. Nelson told us. Vote for the person, not the party. So, I really don't care now who is what and what exactly "what" is. So, go ahead and keep sounding what you call a "democrat." It doesn't really matter to me. All you sound like to me is a guy who can ACTUALLY think things through. You're so good at it, you made me rethink the definition of stupid. That's pretty dang awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Andrew. You should vote for the person, not the party. It's just hard sometimes to find the person in a layer of rumor and campaign slogans polka dotted with long inspiring adjective filled promising speeches. I don't listen to talk shows. I am not big on those types of things. Their just as bad as tabloids in my opinion. They say their truth but it's just a bunch of people running their mouths on the garbage they think. There are probably a few decent talk shows out there, I just haven't found any. So no offense to any good ones. Personally, I don't think their should be parties. Their very confining. Saying no, you can't like purple or orange or green, you have to like either red, blue or yellow. That's it. It annoys me a lot. Its one of my biggest pet peeves. I also think it is impossible for people to have a completely factual talk show. Like Andrew said, nobody really cares about straight true facts. They care about the feeling behind the truth... I can't exactly explain it better than that... Almost like they care more about motive than action... Yep. That's it. That's all I have to say on that.

    ReplyDelete