You must be thinking right about now that I have truly gone insane, because I am now talking about sheep. I am not talking literally about any mammal that we make clothes out of, but about the citizens of the U.S. Why do I compare them to sheep? If you have ever talked to my science teacher Mrs. Nelson talk about political parties, you know why, but I will explain it now.
Imagine a large flock of sheep in a pasture. They are standing there, oblivious to the fact that most of the herders are on the way to sheer off their warm, fluffy coats. In fact, they are delighted when they arrive, expecting a tasty round of grains, or a few apples. There is more than one herder out there, trying to attract as many sheep as possible to their sheering buildings, because every extra sheep is money. The sheep blindly decide which herder to go to, for most of them carry a large carrot in their hands, and say sweet nothings. A few strange sheep actually look at the face of the herders, and discover who will sheer them, and who will feed them, and decide to go to those who have no treats, but have a good countenance. They are shunned and mocked by the other sheep, and become outcast.
I'll bet there are some of you readers who can already connect this to reality, and the party system, because it is very blatant if you take the time to think. Every party is one of those herders, holding out sweet promises, and we, the people, are sheep, and flock to one without questioning them at all. They do no research, no study, and just go with their party down to making this country even worse off than before.
We need to stop being sheep, and start thinking and acting to try to make this country better, and to be able to vote for those who will lead us to a better future.
Speaking of voting, I will say something about non-voting. When I grow up, I will likely be one of these. Now, you have heard all of your life that non-voters are cowards, and yellow-bellied fools. They say that we do absolutely nothing to change the future of our country, but not so.
There are two kinds: the ones who are lazy or extremist anti-patriot, and those that don't vote because there is NOTHING they think are a good choice to vote for. Why vote for the democrat who has a slightly better way of running the country, but will still bring it down. We show our dismay at ALL of the candidates, and say that we will not take the slightly better, but only the best.
In conclusion, we need to stop being sheep and realizing that not all that the politics say is evil, but just devices to gain votes. If not, our country will continue to suffer and rot from the inside until all of this is evident, but it is much too late.
I don't mean to be offensive when I say this, but I've decided that I don't like politics at this moment in time because there is never a right or wrong to political party's views. I might be wrong, but as of RIGHT NOW, there is nothing right and wrong. I would also like to point out that John Bytheway or somebody he quoted said that if we were all like angels of heaven, we wouldn't even need government.
ReplyDeleteDespite all this, I still enjoy reading your posts. Your opinion is very much appreciated.
Also, as a little thought, I know of a song that you might be able to relate to quite well. I'm quite sure you will have heard of it. But, just in case you're like my cousin, I'll tell you a little about it. It's called "Uprising" by Muse. It can be related in a few ways, but whenever I listen to it, I think of government. I don't think our government is quite like this, but the things you have been posting have a relation to this song. One example is the line "It's time the fat cats had a heart attack." It seems to me that they are referring to large corporations. But anyway, I just thought I'd let you know.
I don't think I have much say in politics. I tend to stay out of it because I am not that smart, and I understand more basic stuff like emotion, philosophy of life, and human nature. But I do agree with you Adrian.
ReplyDeleteI like the sheep metaphor. We are like sheep. This can be a good thing, and a bad thing as many factors are involved. I tend to stay neutral on a lot of things. Such as Obama.
Many people say things that insult Obama, and many support him blindly with all their hearts. Me, I don't know. With what they give you in campaigns, slogans, fancy speeches about what they want to change. I cannot decide if I would vote for him because I do not truly know him. I only know the picture he puts out. His mask. His walls. I mean, does anyone know his favorite color? (black? haha, right. C'mon, act mature, you know your thinking about it.) The fact of the matter is, I don't know the true person behind the walls. The soft or rock hard center inside, underneath the layers of plastic 'vote for me!' signs and suits with immaculate ties. I know I'm just a kid, and I don't have any say but I think adults are stupid a lot of the time. I think the world would be a better place if we actually knew the people we want to lead our nation as well as we know our best friend, family, or brother and sister. It would greatly improve our lives.
I think the power is also distributed unevenly. Think of it like a science experiment with 100s of 1,000s of outcomes possible. The candidate gives you what he wants you to see and know, and waits for your reaction. He has the power to choose what you see, but not what you decide in the end. I don't go along with surface image. I like to delve into peoples personalities and minds as they react to other situations. I like to dissect them tell their souls are laid bear. I'm not a gossiper. I don't hunt for secrets, I I'm just curious at what makes you tick. The only person I know better than myself is my sister. My sister's story is long and I will not explain much. We are best friend's and know everything about each other. We are not actually blood sisters. But we did grow up together, literally. she is 3 months younger than me and in a grade lower. She was adopted, and she is really my younger aunt and my mom's youngest sister. But it works both ways. When you want something, no matter what it is in this universe, nothing is free. You give something of yours in return. She knows the darkness and light of my mind and my deepest darkest secrets. As I know hers. We can tell each other anything although we fight a lot she is the thing I love most in the world. You wouldn't know that just by watching us. Its when we're alone it happens. We click, and we connect. In the outside world we distance ourselves but still, you may notice subtle connections made by only true 'sisters of the soul'. I heard this phrase in a book.
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got sidetracked. It was such a long comment that it wouldn't let me post it and I later had to add this and cut it off to a new one. I apologize deeply Adrian, I hope you can forgive me for making you read this. Which you better or I'll murder you.
ReplyDeleteBack on the main subject. If I knew Obama this well, then I think I could make a judgement. This aspect of myself is what makes me hesitant and cautious. I don't know if its not a good thing, but it seems okay to me.
That brings me to another thing. Perception IS reality. Perception VS reality. Think on it. Is the sky really blue? Are dogs really colorblind? Does light really reflect of shiny paint on a newly washed car? Is the universe and life only confined to this solar system? Did the Big Bang really happen? These are all based on perception. What is reality? I think it is a synonym of perception. Is Obama black and me white? Or am I blue and just not know it while he's bright orange? All we know is what we perceive. Sheep are not completely stupid. Their perception is just different. When all you know is that certain thing, do you consider something else if that thing is a belief you were raised with since you could comprehend what it was and before?
I know I've talked about a lot, but bear with me. I'm sorry. There is a whole lot more I could talk about but for now I'll resist. Like, we could go into blind faith of the masses, the mob, the true perception of sheep, etc. Oh well, my back hurts and I have to cook dinner too bad. I just know your disappointed.
~The Alex~
...oops... I think my comment was longer than your post Adrian... sorry...
ReplyDeleteif you want you can post a really long comment on my blog as revenge:
ReplyDeletethemusingsoftheruleroftheworld.blogspot.com
sorry... once again.. this is probably getting annoying me commenting this much.. oh well.
~The Alex~
Alex, you've given me an idea.
ReplyDeleteIt's ok Alex, I like the appreciation and opinions of people, even if they out-write me!
ReplyDeleteAlso, you are absolutely right in your claim that we don't know who politicians really are. That is why I will never be one, nor will I become famous, because you turn into a nobody who is seen as an everbody.
ReplyDeleteFor what you said about perception and reality may be correct in many regards, but not all. Say for instance that you stubbed your toe, and two people saw it. One saw you hit your toe against the wall, another thought they saw you miss the wall. They may have different perceptions, but there is only one reality. Perception is not reality, except when you apply it to humanity, where it becomes personal perception and conception, but may not be the reality at all.
Very true. It depends heavily on circumstance.
ReplyDeleteThe music man:
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit worried about what ideas I might have given you... don't do anything I would do or anything stupid!
The idea I have is quite disturbing so far, but It all has to do with the mind. The excerpt below gave me the idea.
ReplyDelete"She knows the darkness and light of my mind and my deepest darkest secrets."
So, what if your mind was no longer kept a secret?
That's the basis.
hmmm.... you know I could really work with that... Now your giving me bad ideas... I like you already even though I might know you... And I don't think I do... Do I know you?
ReplyDeleteIf we could make all comments politics-based, I would truly appreciate it. I am not trying to be rude, and I won't mention this again, but I would appreciate it to be kept on-topic.
ReplyDeleteSorry... I'll do better next time... Even though that is a little strict Adrian. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. You must learn to actually enjoy life, instead of depending strictly on all of the safe things. Hiding behind your walls you have so carefully... my sister is making me stop so I do not dissect your psychology and nature or in her words "Scare away what little friends I have, disgrace my good name, scar you for life, become an outcast of society once again... etc." SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so mean and I apologize, once again I seem to be doing that quite frequently. About 15 of the 34 different personalities assigned to me by my sister... long story... have at least been revealed just online... That is not a good thing. *sigh* I'll have to revert to being polite, distant, friendly yet not too friendly. Sadness. It begins now.
ReplyDelete~The Alex~
You know what The Alex, I am sorry about seeming strict. It is not a rule, just perhaps a guideline to help this blog achieve its true purpose better. Either way it will, but I would like it to be better. Speaking of walls, I suppose you are right in some regards. To write a blog like this, certain walls need to be made to help me demonstrate the true purpose. Also, if you have something philosophical to say, that is one of the purposes of the blog is philosophy, so feel free to talk about that all you want.
ReplyDeleteSorry. At least you got a conversation going,l right?
ReplyDeleteI just have one question.
ReplyDeleteWhat is your definition of politics?
Sorry...
ReplyDeleteMy definition of politics? Well, if I would define it in the context of a perfect world, it would be the sharing of opinions and deciding fairly what should be done for a country and its people. In the context of today, I like to compare it to monkeys flinging poop at each other, and getting very self righteous when they get hit. Politicians mock, demonize, and put down the opinions of others on the basis of being "enemies" or a person from another party.
ReplyDeleteBoth of your definitions make sense. It's quite sad though that politics can be compared to monkeys and poo.
ReplyDelete